- AL Nepal
Accountability Lab Nepal is looking for a dynamic change-maker who will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of communication, branding, outreach, and product development for the organization. This is a pivotal role in advancing the organization’s mission by supporting organizational management, effectively communicating our goals, activities, and impact to various stakeholders, as well as creating and managing innovative communications products that support our vision.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic organization that values human potential and social impact, this is the perfect place for you. We’re looking for a self-starter, capable of providing fantastic creative ideas, and who is open to learning new approaches to be successful in this role. We’re searching for someone who is eager and motivated to grow with our organization in the long term.
|Job Category:||Communication / Product Development / Project Management / Programming / Branding / Organizational Development|
|Job Location:||Gairidhara, Kathmandu with frequent field visits as required|
|Education Level:||Masters in any development sector, business development, international relations, or communication field OR relevant prior work experience. Prior achievements and involvement in volunteering and fellowships are a plus.|
- Build strategic communications for change, advocacy, and impact storytelling to build open and inclusive governance in Nepal.
- Craft clear and compelling messages to various audiences, including donors, volunteers, participants, and the public.
- Manage the organization’s brand identity, ensuring consistency across all communication channels.
- Oversee all the written and visual content published by the organization.
- Oversee the overall branding and visualization of the organization, ensuring consistency across all communication channels.
- Design and manage all media products of the organization, including graphics, reports, bulletins, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Outreach and Policy Advocacy
- Develop a communication strategy and build partnerships with new and traditional media to promote the organization’s work, values and impact.
- Manage social media platforms, website content, and email marketing to engage and expand our online community.
- Manage public relations efforts, including with donors, communities, and partners.
- Collaborate with the campaign and advocacy team in creating and implementing campaigns, events, and programs to enhance awareness among communities.
- Work with a diverse team, mainly in the monitoring and learning department, to develop impact-based program design and implementation.
- Program Development and Design
- Scope funding opportunities through advanced intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, launch, and promote new programs, ensuring they meet quality standards and resonate with the donor and organization goals.
- Program Implementation
- Lead at least one, and potentially multiple, concurrent programs.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and budgeting of program activities.
- Coordinate with program team members to oversee program implementation ensuring all tasks are executed within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations, government agencies, and community leaders.
- Collaboration and Management
- Oversee digitization, innovation, and technology aspects of all programs of the organization.
- Support in leading and managing program implementation.
- Lead and mentor the team on communication, providing guidance, feedback, and skill enhancement in various areas.
- Ideate new and innovative approaches to reach organization goals and support the overall management of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in both English and Nepali.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate innovative ideas – converting them into practical and relevant products.
- Proficiency in creating and managing various media products (graphics, reports, videos, podcasts, etc.).
- Proficiency in developing convincing proposals and reports.
- Public relations and donor relations skills.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of development issues and social change initiatives.
- Proficiency in advanced intelligence gathering and grant/funding opportunities.
- Open-minded, positive attitude, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to connect with people and network with the team and partners.
- Ability to work in team settings with team leadership and mentoring capabilities.
Accountability Lab Nepal prioritizes cultural fit above skills and knowledge – which we feel can be learned as team members grow into their roles. We are primarily looking for the right person – someone who shares our values and is willing to take on more responsibility as the organization evolves. We seek a demonstrable record of assuming professional responsibility and delivering on professional goals with integrity and humility. In turn, Accountability Lab Nepal provides a dynamic, creative, and collaborative work environment, and we are committed to supporting the professional development of our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We highly encourage people with disabilities, women, and members of marginalized and LGBTQI+ communities to apply. People with additional skills such as music, arts, films, and sports are also encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 5 p.m. on Friday, the 20th of November, 2023. Please use “ALN Manager Application” in your email subject.