Campaigns Manager - Latin America (Colombia)
NOTE: This is an 24-month position with the possibility of extension and/or shift to permanent.
Who we are:
All Out is a global movement for LGBT+ rights. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice their family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
By mobilizing thousands of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, we are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate. We use creative campaigning tactics – both online and offline – to capture global attention around the fight for the rights of LGBT+ people.
Who we are hiring:
We're hiring a Spanish-speaking Campaigns Manager, based in Colombia, to support our mobilization efforts in Latin America.
This person should be a strong communicator and passionate about using the internet to push for LGBT+ rights.
They should also have experience building and managing partnerships.
The ideal candidate for this role should be excited about developing and delivering big ideas, taking risks and acting boldly.
This position reports to our Senior Campaigns Manager for Latin America, and must be based in Colombia.
The salary range for this position is USD $2,100 - $2,400/month, depending on experience.
Note that you should have all the necessary permits and authorizations to work in Colombia. As a US non-profit, All Out will not be able to request or sponsor a work permit on your behalf.
- Develop and deliver online mobilization campaigns for LGBT+ rights (including petitions and crowdfunders, among others), with a focus on Spanish-speaking countries in Latin America, particularly Colombia, leading efforts to engage and grow All Out's community in the region.
- Support members of the All Out community and other LGBT+ organizations in Latin America, particularly Colombia, in developing and delivering their own mobilization campaigns.
- Establish and manage relationships with LGBT+ organizations in the Latin America region, particularly Colombia.
- Represent All Out to external audiences and the media, as needed, particularly in Colombia.
- Use digital tools to test and monitor the performance of mobilization campaigns, emails and social media content.
- Design and implement strategies to ensure our mobilization campaigns have a real-world impact.
- Stay on top of latest trends and developments in online mobilization and translate these into innovative ideas for All Out and its partners.
- Work collaboratively with other campaigners and teams at All Out, helping them think creatively and execute on ambitious campaigning goals.
- Manage at least one staff and some volunteers working on All Out’s projects in Latin America, particularly in Colombia, as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 4 years of professional experience, ideally in communications and/or digital marketing. Experience in online mobilization and campaigning is highly desirable;
- Full fluency in verbal and written Spanish and English;
- Knowledge of the political landscape in Latin America, with a solid understanding of issues impacting LGBT+ rights across the region;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce engaging content;
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage partnerships;
- Meticulous attention to detail, while working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently;
- A collaborative, flexible and open-minded working style;
- An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organized, and deadline-oriented attitude;
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with an international team;
- A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT+ people as a path toward progressive change.
The ideal candidate will also have some (or all) of the following skills:
- An understanding of and existing relationships within the LGBT+ movement in Latin America, particularly in Colombia;
- Working knowledge or fluency in Portuguese. Additional languages skills will be a plus (particularly French, German or Italian);
- Experience working remotely.
In order to apply for this position, please submit your CV as well as a cover letter explaining your motivation for joining All Out as a campaigner. Both documents should be written in English and saved in pdf format.
The deadline to apply to this position is 31 January 2023, 11:59pm (Bogotá time). Applications received after this date will not be reviewed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.