Associate Director of Lifecycle Marketing
Change.org is searching for an Associate Director of Lifecycle Marketing to identify and implement strategies that meaningfully engage diverse audiences, enhancing the lifetime engagement of each supporter and petition creator at Change.org. This role is dedicated to harnessing insights and data to refine and optimize Change.org's communication strategies, ensuring that supporters are reached with the most relevant and impactful messages at the most opportune moments.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the world's largest nonprofit-owned tech platform focused on civic action with 100m monthly users, 50,000+ campaigns launched on the site every month, and a 100% user-generated revenue model. Our users win campaigns for change once every hour.
From mobilizing over 5 million people to investigate the fires in the Amazon, to mobilizing nearly 3 million against war and famine in Yemen, to large-scale mobilizations for the people of Iran and against the war in Ukraine, and calling for Racial Justice in the US, many movements were born on Change.org. Dozens of local, national, and international victories are happening every day thanks to the strength of our members who are changing the lives of people around the world. We want to help them go even further and we need your help!
You will initially report to our Director of Growth Marketing and manage a team of six. As a key member of our Growth Marketing Team, you’ll play a pivotal role in aligning our messaging with our supporters' interests, thereby enhancing supporter experience, fostering stronger connections, and advancing Change.org's mission to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
- Omnichannel automation: Lead the team towards automating omnichannel and customer-centric marketing.
- New Channels: Establishing new supporter and petition starter communication channels beyond email.
- Increase Membership: Leverage customer lifecycle marketing to increase membership.
- Reactivate Dormant supporters: Create a program for reactivating supporters who have not engaged with our platform for over 6 months
- Personalization: Lead the evolution towards a customer-centric lifecycle marketing approach to create experiences that send the right content to the right people at the right time.
The most important skills and capabilities for the role are:
Skills and Experience
- Organization design and team management. Experience in identifying organizational structure needs. Experience in growing, training, developing and hiring high-achieving teams.
- Technical and analytical proficiency to identify product and technology gaps, and lead buy or build recommendations for the lifecycle program.
- Utilize advanced skills in customer journey mapping to identify key engagement points and enhance Change.org's user experience, contributing to overall platform performance and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in planning and executing experimentation strategies, leveraging insights to accelerate the impact of lifecycle initiatives on petition creation, monetization, and user engagement.
- Employ a strong understanding of user behavior and market trends to implement tailored lifecycle marketing strategies, fostering deeper engagement, community growth, and amplifying the impact of initiatives across diverse user segments.
- Your seasoned leadership extends to overseeing globally distributed and strategic initiatives, being accountable for a significant segment of our global growth strategy, or an entire region/group. You might also manage a team of managers and a small budget.
- You stand out in uniting teams and persuading others effectively. Whether engaging with top executives or everyday staff, your adaptable communication style ensures everyone feels heard and understood, fostering strong team connections.
- In handling challenging tasks, from setting ambitious goals to resolving conflicts, you navigate with finesse, showcasing your natural ability to guide the team through complexities as a skilled and versatile leader.
- You excel at translating overarching organizational strategies into comprehensive roadmaps, setting achievable goals, and developing actionable plans for departments with intricate cross-functional dependencies, ensuring that the broader vision is effectively implemented at every level.
- With your natural talent for rallying teams to surpass their targets, you inspire and steer your team towards unparalleled achievements
- 4+ years of leadership experience in a role dedicated to email or lifecycle marketing.
- Strong understanding of the operations, technology and teams required to operate a successful lifecycle program.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a FULL TIME, and while we strongly prefer folks living in the United States, Canada, Latin America or Paris, we are open to folks working remotely.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. For example, the annual salary of an Associate is $179,500 USD in New York, NY, would be €101,500 EU in Paris or £103,00 GBP in London.
Benefits and perks also vary based on location. We typically offer a fully remote workforce, 100% employer-paid health plan options, life insurance, unlimited PTO, and 18 weeks of parental leave.
We anticipate moving quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- 30 minute Recruiter Screen
- 60 minute Hiring Manager Screen
- Virtual (video) Onsite Interview
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you, so please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you. We also know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications. Please apply anyway!
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us!
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it—we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
We are legally required to conduct EEOC reporting. While this is required by the federal government, we recognize that it does not include all genders and ethnicities. We want you to know that Change.org celebrates all identities and we thank you for your participation.
We're committed to protecting your data. To learn more, please review our Change.org Job Applicant CCPA Privacy Notice here.