Senior People Operations Specialist
Change.org is searching for a Senior People Operations Specialist to help drive and manage the administration of Change.org’s total rewards and day to day people operations which will enable a high performing culture.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the world's largest social change platform with 100m monthly users, 50,000+ campaigns launched on the site every month, and a 100% user-generated revenue model. Our users win campaigns for change once every hour.
From mobilizing over 5 million people to investigate the fires in the Amazon, to mobilizing nearly 3 million against war and famine in Yemen, to large-scale mobilizations for the people of Iran and against the war in Ukraine, and calling for Racial Justice in the US, many movements were born on Change.org. Dozens of local, national, and international victories are happening every day thanks to the strength of our members who are changing the lives of people around the world. We want to help them go even further and we need your help!
You will report to our Director, People Operations. As a key member of our People Team, you’ll play a major role in the global employee experience - ensuring all employees across 15+ different countries understand their Total Rewards and compensation, see no disruptions in their day to day payroll and benefits, have a smooth onboarding and offboarding experience, and feel like they can always find or access the information they need.
- Manage all aspects of U.S. and International payroll through multiple systems including; Bamboo, ADP, and Deel
- Helping employees understand all aspects of Total Rewards programs, communicate changes, and assist with any inquiries or concerns
- Develop and update policies and procedures, ensuring that they are compliant and reflect the company’s values and goals
- Collect and analyze employee data - partner with stakeholders to build reporting and improve processes
- Use analytics to proactively identify trends in People data
- Manage ongoing HRIS administration and maintenance as it relates to onboarding, offboarding, total rewards, time off, and other employee information
- Ensure compliance with relevant local legislation and requirements in 15+ countries.
- Proactively look for solutions to optimize performance, with an eye on building scalable systems
- Dive deep into the global landscape of our employees to elevate cross cultural collaboration
The most important skills and capabilities for the role are:
- Sound judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage multiple global stakeholders and prioritize diverse projects
- Takes pride in building systems and looking to improve processes
- Comfortable using systems such as excel, and other data management tools on a daily basis
- User focused and excited to find solutions to complex People Operations questions
- Interest in advancing equitability in the workplace
- 5+ years of People Operations experience
- Experience supporting a scaling, global organization with 200+ employees
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding global payroll and benefits administration
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems including BambooHR, ADP, and Deel
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills and the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations
- Expert knowledge of employment laws, HR related best practices, leave and compensation practices and procedures
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full time and while we strongly prefer folks living on the East Coast of the United States, we are open to folks working remotely anywhere in the US. We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, RI, TX, UT, VA, WA, DC, and WI.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each location. The annual salary of a Senior People Operations Specialist is $110,000 in San Francisco/New York; $104,500 in Austin, Boston, LA, Seattle, DC; and 93,500 in all other US locations.
Benefits and perks also vary based on location. We typically offer a fully remote workforce, 100% employer-paid health plan options, life insurance, unlimited PTO, and 18 weeks of parental leave.
We anticipate moving quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- Phone Screen with Hiring Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- Panel Interview with 3 members of our team
- Final Interview with Hiring Manager and Department Head
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you, so please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you. We also know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications. Please apply anyway!
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us!
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it—we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
We are legally required to conduct EEOC reporting. While this is required by the federal government, we recognize that it does not include all genders and ethnicities. We want you to know that Change.org celebrates all identities and we thank you for your participation.
We're committed to protecting your data. To learn more, please review our Change.org Job Applicant CCPA Privacy Notice here.