Senior Social Media Manager, UK
Change.org is searching for a Senior Social Media Specialist to join our UK based media and communications team.
We’re looking for someone to grow and energise Change.org’s brand on social media in the UK.
Do you have an eye for compelling and powerful visuals? Are you someone who can create high-performing content at a fast pace? Join us, and help us tell the story of the thousands of people who start petitions on Change.org every day.
A bit about Change.org: we’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the world's largest social change platform, with 100 million monthly users, over 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, and a 100% user-generated revenue model. Our users win campaigns for change once every hour.
You will report to our Head of UK and be a key member of our Marketing and Communications team.
- Create high-performing content about the Change.org brand and petitions on our site, and distribute the content effectively through social media.
- Directly contribute to rigorous goals around impressions and channel growth.
- Be on top of compelling issues, news stories, and trends to identify the right moment to elevate campaigns through social. Use these moments drive brand awareness and campaign impact.
- Maintain established relationships with influencers, and continually build new relationships that introduce Change.org to diverse communities.
- Support the UK team to standardise social media practices, including content templates and style guides.
- Rigorously engage with data to learn, iterate, and improve content performance.
- Support the UK team with wider communications work when required.
The most important skills and capabilities for the role are:
- Extensive experience creating high-performing video and visual content for social media platforms.
- Proven track record of engaging audiences across platforms, especially TikTok and Instagram.
- Existing relationships with influencers (paid and unpaid) that will help drive Change.org engagement goals; ability to quickly form new relationships and guide others to do the same.
- A good understanding of the UK news landscape, particularly including coverage and trends around social justice, economic, political and environmental issues.
- Willingness to work across difference, including providing support to policy-compliant campaigns that you may not agree with but align with Change.org’s commitment to being an open platform.
- Deliver Results: It is essential that this individual has the skill set to provide social expertise to the UK team, perform against rigorous goals, and can help the team learn.
- Focused and Fast: This role must be responsive to social trends, a high volume of petition content, and able to pivot as we learn what works in this new strategy.
- Connected and Fun: This is an important value on the UK team – we’d love a new hire who is a team player and values a connected work culture.
- Five or more years experience working in a social media focused role, with a proven track record of growing social followings and increasing engagement with a brand.
- Demonstrable experience of a data-led approach to social media strategy.
- Experience of working directly with influencers to expand brand recognition and affinity.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full time role based anywhere in the UK.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labour in each location. The annual salary of a Senior Social Media Specialist is 71,000 GBP.
We anticipate moving quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- Initial screen (30 minutes)
- Take home task (2 hours)
- Video interview (1 hour)
- Final executive interview (1 hour)
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you, so please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you. We also know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications. Please apply anyway!
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started and hope you’ll join us!
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it—we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, or disability or veteran status.