Chicken & Egg Pictures
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Full-time positionHybrid: 2+ days a week in Brooklyn officeCompensation Range: $64,000-$70,000Robust benefits package (details below)Posted: August 15, 2023Chicken & Egg Pictures is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and organized Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This individual will play a crucial role in managing day-to-day activities of the CEO and support their communication to internal and external stakeholders, facilitating the organization’s long term success towards achieving our 2023-2025 Strategic Plan.See our 2023-2025 Strategic Plan here:https://chickeneggpics.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Chicken-Egg-Pictures_Strategic-Plan-2023-2025.pdfWe are proud of our positive team culture, where we enjoy learning from and with one another. Come join a creative team that is truly passionate about advancing our mission of supporting a global community of women and non-binary filmmakers.Who We AreChicken & Egg Pictures is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides a global community of women and non-binary documentary filmmakers with creative and financial support to realize their cinematic visions and build fulfilling careers in a gender inclusive media industry. We envision an equitable and just world shaped by the power of documentary films. Our work responds to the reality that sexism, racism, classism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and xenophobia can still slow or even halt too many people’s careers. Our mission lays the groundwork to disrupt these barriers.Filmmakers need resources, opportunities, and access to thrive in an unbalanced film landscape. So we match strategically timed grants with creative mentorship and community, building peer networks and bringing artists together to learn from and champion one another. This support system is tailored for the unique challenges women and non-binary people experience in their filmmaking and career trajectories.Since our founding, Chicken & Egg Pictures has awarded over $12 million in grants and devoted thousands of hours of creative mentorship to over 500 filmmakers from around the world. Films supported by our work have been nationally and internationally recognized with the industry’s highest honors, including Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, and Peabody Awards. And they have raised visibility and driven social change on urgent issues.Since 2013, the organization has been led by Chief Executive Officer, Jenni Wolfson. Under her leadership, our budget has grown and our programs have expanded, and our stellar team has won honors including the Social Impact Media Awards, Vanguard Award, and the International Documentary Association’s Amicus Award; we were also a finalist for the Nonprofit Excellence Awards. Additional information about us and our current programs may be found on our website: www.chickeneggpics.orgWhat You’ll DoYou will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), supporting a wide range of administrative activities, acting with professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials. This role will engage with every member of staff and facilitate cross-departmental activities, projects, and communication, and will be representative of the executive office. Your responsibilities will include:Executive Support
- Provide high-level administrative and technical support to the CEO, including managing daily schedules, triaging incoming communications, and drafting correspondence.
- Project-manage CEO’s commitments and initiatives; advise, redirect, or provide solutions on time-sensitive and competing priority issues.
- Oversee CEO budget and finance admin activities.
- Manage CEO travel logistics and activities.
- Lead the organization and management of meetings, including pre and post meeting preparations, and occasionally attending in place of the CEO.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for stakeholders, such as Board members, industry peers, and donors, and at times expected to make decisions independently that are reflective of the CEO.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Development teams to conduct research and develop presentations or other preparation materials for meetings, panels, festivals, and other speaking engagements.
- Manage cross-departmental communications (Development, Program, Operations, and Communications) to ensure effective event, project, and budget coordination.
- Lead the oversight of planning, coordination and execution of special events and projects in relation to the CEO.
- Conduct research and compile reports to support decision-making processes.
- Minimum of five years of working experience, with at least three years of hands on experience supporting a C-level executive.
- Experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Proficiency in basic technology and office productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- High level of proficiency in calendar management and travel logistics for executives or senior managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in independently drafting and refining correspondence in the tone and style of executive.
- Proactive problem-solving and strong time management skills, with the capability of prioritizing competing tasks effectively with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prior work experience in film and/or related media settings.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and project management tools, such as Notion.
- Experience communicating with and building relationships across all levels and departments, internally and externally, to safeguard the CEO's time and priorities.
- Ability to offer strategic insights and guidance to align tasks with organizational goals to help the CEO stay focused and make informed decisions.
- Familiarity with nonprofit financials.
- Project, Process, and Scheduling Management Skills: Thanks to your meticulous attention to detail, anticipation of obstacles, and prioritization skills, you are adept at independently managing projects and tasks on behalf of the CEO.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: You are skilled in effective communication and relationship-building skills with a diverse range of people. Good humor, initiative, and flexibility are among the traits you bring to the table. Your communication across all levels is kind, tailored, and clear, with the ability to manage sensitive situations with care and maturity.
- Work Habits and Approach: You have excellent judgment, a strong work ethic, resourcefulness, and problem-solving skills. You are curious, a life-long learner, and you value a diversity of thought, background, and perspective.
- Systems and Technology Proficiency: You are tech savvy and quickly learn new tools and platforms. You delight in new ways to work more efficiently, and stay up to date on technology tools and trends that optimize workflow and task management.
- Why is being Chicken & Egg Pictures’ Executive Assistant the next best step for you professionally? What motivates you to want to join Chicken & Egg Pictures?
- Beyond gender parity, Chicken & Egg Pictures strives to create an inclusive documentary film industry by working with filmmakers from all backgrounds. Tell us about how your background and experiences could help you work towards this mission in your role as the Executive Assistant.