Engagement Reporter CORRECTIV.Europe
CORRECTIV is looking for immediate reinforcement in Berlin to expand its network for European investigations. As an Engagement Reporter, you will work in the CORRECTIV.Europe team.
You will be responsible for decisively creating a network of local journalists in Europe by scouting the European local media landscape. You will also be responsible for keeping the network alive. To do so, you will encourage exchanges with and among its members. Through your work, you will identify the needs and interests of the network to adapt our offer and respond to the real concerns of the local press in Europe.
As an integral part of our team, you will find topics and help shape data-driven investigations we want to publish with local partners Europe-wide.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creation and expansion of the CORRECTIV.Europe network
- Communicating in the network with local journalists, bloggers, and experts
- Coordination of CORRECTIV.Europe investigations within the network
- Identifying local communities that could be of interest to CORRECTIV.Europe
- Support in finding topics for investigative local stories at a European level and with a solid European angle
Apply if you have the following experience:
- You have worked in local journalism, ideally as an editor.
- You speak English and German fluently (at least C1 or similar qualifications). Any other European language is an asset.
- You are familiar with digital communication channels and collaborative tools (e.g., Slack or other company messengers, newsletter systems like Mailchimp, and Google Docs)
- You have experience communicating with groups working from different locations and in various workflows and cultures.
- You enjoy organizing and developing innovative projects.
- You have a general interest in investigative journalism.
- Ideally, you have a data journalism background.
How to apply:
- Please send us a letter of motivation for the job (maximum 1 page). Explain why you are the right person for the job.
- Please send us your resume (without photo)
- If available: Links to samples of your work (e.g., articles in local newspapers or projects that you have coordinated)
- Please tell us your availability and if you can imagine increasing your working hours at a later point in time
Become part of our team: We offer a dynamic working environment with exciting tasks. At CORRECTIV, you can contribute your ideas and work independently and creatively.
We assume that there are excellent candidates for the job who only meet some of the criteria in the description. You may have specific skills we haven’t thought of yet. Tell us why you are the right person for the job.
CORRECTIV.Europe is a network for local journalism that implements data-driven investigations with local newsrooms across Europe. CORRECTIV.Europe is part of the non-profit investigative newsroom CORRECTIV, funded by donations. More at correctiv.org/en/europe/
Please email your application by November 24 with the subject „Application CORRECTIV.Europe Engagement Reporter.“ Feel free to contact us at the following address if you have any questions about the job. bewerbungen(at)correctiv.org