Part-time Executive Assistant
Location: Remote within the US (Eastern and Central Time Zones only)
- Most regions in the United States: $28.00- $30.00
- NYC-specific: $31.11- $33.33
Offers will vary based on experience and location-based cost-of-living calculations.
- Department: Operations
- Supervisory role: No
- Classification: Non-exempt, part-time
- Hours: Monday- Friday 11am- 2pm ET
About our organization:
Democracy Works is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that collaborates with election officials, leading tech platforms, and world-class partners to drive voter access and participation. We help Americans vote by providing reliable, useful voting guidance through the sites, apps and groups they trust. This includes TurboVote, Democracy Works Election Data, the Voting Information Project (VIP), and Ballot Scout. We also co-founded the Civic Alliance alongside the CAA Foundation. Democracy Works is committed to diversity and inclusion in everything we do and aspires to have a team that's representative of the voters we serve.
The impact you’ll make:
You’ll report directly to the CEO, assisting with various executive functions and duties as directed by the CEO. The Executive Assistant performs the necessary tasks to keep the CEO organized as he handles his various responsibilities. You will handle scheduling, follow-up on communication, manage the CEO’s participation in external and internal projects, and some correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO
- Manage and monitor the CEO’s calendar, schedule meetings, book travel, and troubleshoot travel and meeting logistics on behalf of the CEO
- Utilize and monitor internal communications channels to ensure CEO has sufficient information to operate effectively
- Provide strategic research for CEO and assist in ad hoc projects as need
- Prepare and proofread written reports, communications, and other materials required by the CEO
- Keep CEO abreast of current company climate (employee wellbeing, project statuses, new proposals, etc.)
- Manage the CEO’s participation in executive meetings by organizing productive agendas, ensuring the CEO is adequately prepared, and taking notes on meeting discussions, decisions, and action items for follow-up
- Proactively identify and support ways to improve the functioning of the CEO
- Assist administrative team in organizing and coordinating staff functions and activities
- Assist with arranging logistics for meetings (i.e. All Staff events, board meetings, ect) per the direction of leadership
- Submit expense reports on behalf of the CEO
- Manage company calendar and assist in ensuring critical deadlines are met
- Execute on other tasks as may be assigned
You are someone with:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting senior or C-suite executives
- Proficiency using Slack, Google suite, Zoom, Expensify or similarly systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
How we work
Because elections take place everywhere, our employees work from all across the country. We embrace working remotely as the default. Our positions require regular, daily use of a computer (including the use of G-Suite and Slack) to conduct work and communicate with colleagues. This is a part-time position with regular work hours from 11am- 2pm ET.
For those who prefer to work from an office, we are headquartered in Brooklyn, NY. We are happy to share more details about the office, including accessibility information, as on-site visits are planned.
There may be travel for occasional staff retreats or meetings as part of certain roles.
Please attach your resume and answers to the following questions:
- How did you find this job listing?
- Why are you interested in this role and working at Democracy Works?
- Are you available Monday- Friday 11am- 2pm ET?
- Are you currently in the Central or Eastern time zone?
- Please describe your experience providing administrative support to executive staff.
- Please describe your experience and proficiency using Slack, Google Suite, Zoom, Expensify, or similar systems.
- Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Democracy Works?
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) in Hiring
Democracy Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
As part of our application, you’ll see an optional form used to collect U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) demographic information. Please note the categories used in this survey are set by the EEOC and may not reflect all existing categories.The data collected in this form is anonymized and is used in our EEOC reporting and in ongoing assessment of our recruitment practices.
Democracy Works follows the I-9 requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, and you must possess your own work authorization in the U.S. now and in the future to continue working in this position.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about our process or if you need an accommodation for a medical condition during the hiring process.