Rebrand Project Manager
Help develop a memorable brand that reflects Global Witness' new strategy and ambitions.
Global Witness has embarked on a journey to redefine its brand.
For over 25 years, Global Witness has investigated and exposed environmental and human rights abuses in the oil, gas, mining, and timber sectors, and tracked ill-gotten money and influence through the global financial and political system.
Today we continue to focus on abusive actors, misuse of power, and financial flows but have turned our focus on some of the most urgent issues facing humanity. Our renewed strategy focuses on dismantling the systems of the worsening climate crisis - the political power held by the fossil fuel industry that allows them to delay climate action, the banks and asset managers bankrolling deforestation, and the corporations driving attacks against land and environmental defenders.
Power is at the center of the change we want to make - dismantling the toxic political power of polluters and creating the right conditions for people's power to flourish and ensure people's rights are upheld.
Phase 1 of the project looked into our brand story and tone of voice - the foundations of our rebrand.
We’re looking for an experienced rebrand project manager to lead the delivery of our rebranding plans, by working with project sponsors, key internal and external stakeholders, as well as Global Witness teams and partners over the next 4-6 months. We need a new brand that is memorable, forward-looking and one that reflects our ambitions.
Phase 2 and 3 of this project will entail engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including agencies working on the rebrand, to ensure we have the right lines of communication, secure external consultation, and help us manage the roll-out.
Day Rate: £ 250-275
- - Consult with project sponsors about all elements for project scope and delivery, providing a high-level of expertise at every phase
- - Align the project stakeholders and communicate the project's vision
- - Track project deliverables using appropriate tools, and constantly monitor and present reports on project progress, quality assurance, problems and solutions to relevant stakeholders
- - Managing and leading the project, allocating and utilising resources in an efficient manner
- - Managing or coordinating external agencies/freelancers and internal working groups engaged in project delivery
- - Lead the planning and implementation of the project -- defining project tasks, resource requirements, and transition strategies for every branded asset
- - Plan the implementation of all areas within the plan including website roll out, visual guidelines, etc.
- - Develop and maintain the rebrand budget, manage project resource allocation, and be accountable for ensuring the rebrand project is delivered on time and within budget
- - Lead internal project meetings and client-facing (or conference call) meetings
- - Resolve cross-functional issues at project level
- - Applied project management experience, preferably in managing branding implementation projects and cross-functional teams;
- - Excellent inter-personal skills; strong relationship management, project management, negotiation and collaboration skills
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience facilitating meetings to obtain business requirements, functional specifications, and to achieve objectives
- - Ability to work independently, under pressure, and with minimal guidance, maintaining composure and professionalism at all times in a fast-paced environment.
- - Fluent in MS project or similar software
- - Experience rebranding in the charity sector
- - Experience with campaigning organisations
- - Knowledge and understanding of the climate movement