Promoting Prosecutorial Independence through Monitoring and Engagement (PrIME) is the European Union funded initiative that tends to support the increase of an external and internal independence of the Prosecution Service of Georgia for ensuring impartiality and fairness in the Georgian prosecution and investigation systems.
Action assumes a comprehensive approach, as part of which IDFI and its partners will work in four main directions: monitoring, media investigation, capacity building, and outreach and awareness.
Purpose of the Position
IDFI within the framework of the European Union funded PrIME Project is seeking for a qualified Research Coordinator.
The overall goal of the assignment is the Research Coordinator to work closely with the project team to ensure the production of the quality research products, monitoring reports and policy papers prepared following the scope of the PrIME project.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Research Coordinator is expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare the quality alternative monitoring reports of the Strategy of Prosecution Service of Georgia;
• Prepare Policy Papers;
• Prepare analysis on the court cases;
• Review analytical material prepared by the project partners;
• Prepare and present to the public the presentations on analytical materials prepared within the project;
• Communication with project partners and beneficiaries;
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Project Manager for ensuring efficient and smooth implementation of Project activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• University degree in Law;
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of Criminal Law;
• Experience in preparing research and legal analysis;
• Experience in monitoring policy documents;
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of law-enforcement, especially Prosecution system;
• Proficiency in English;
• Excellent communication and presentation abilities;
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in and with teams;
• Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to work under pressure;
• Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and Motivation Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 16, 2019. In the subject note, please, indicate the job title: Research Coordinator. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.