Social Media Video Specialist
Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project
Location: Netherlands (hybrid full-time position)
Application deadline: Open until filled
Salary: Will be determined based on position level using OCCRP pay band structure.
With staff across six continents and hubs in Washington, D.C., Amsterdam, and Sarajevo, OCCRP is one of the largest investigative journalism organizations in the world — and we’re growing. We are a nonprofit, mission-driven newsroom that partners with other media outlets to publish stories that spur action, so that the public can hold power to account.
We are looking for a social media video specialist who is excited about turning our hard-hitting investigations into engaging video formats across multiple platforms. In this newly developed role, you’ll partner with members of the editorial, audience engagement, journalism products and other teams to lead and execute video content creation for social media and fundraising.
You are creative, organized and driven, and you know how to translate complex information into high-quality content that resonates with viewers. You are able to connect with the core audiences of platforms like Instagram and YouTube and can teach us a thing or two. Since you will be responsible for the entire process of video production (ranging from ideation through distribution), having strong collaboration and communication skills is essential.
With your charismatic personality and deep belief in the power of investigative journalism to make the world a better place, you will be able to bring OCCRP’s unique investigations to new platforms and help us engage with new audiences.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Creating content for social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. This includes being on camera, filming, and editing.
- Managing video projects from conception through completion. This includes pre-production planning, production coordination, and post-production editing.
- Staying updated with and keeping the rest of the team informed on new trends, technologies, and audience insights
- Creating and maintaining our library of video content, finding opportunities to resurface and create evergreen content
- Evaluating video performance and growth opportunities and communicating these findings to relevant stakeholders
- Covering live events, including capturing and editing content for rapid turnaround.
What you will bring:
- Experience with editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Experience editing short-form videos with tools like CapCut, Instagram, or desktop tools like Canva
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating content for social platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, X and YouTube
- Strong project management, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to generate innovative and engaging video ideas from complex subject matter
- Willingness to innovate and experiment
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience, especially in a digital media organization
- Demonstrated familiarity with different formats of social video content, from live video to animation
- Experience creating content that appeals to a diverse audience, including an understanding of the nuances in creating content for different demographic groups
It would be great if you had:
- Skills in all phases of production - pre, during, and post (including filming, storyboarding, and planning)
- Previous experience in working in investigative journalism and exposing crime and corruption
- Experience in using analytics tools to analyze the performance of content and applying these insights to improve future content strategies
- A history of working collaboratively across teams in a global, distributed organization
The team you’ll join: Audience & Editorial Innovation Team (reporting to, Head of Journalism Products)
The Audience and Editorial Innovation Team at OCCRP is a young and dynamic team, dedicated to connecting our unique investigations with new and younger audiences. Our goal is to find innovative ways to tell stories, engage with our audiences and develop strategies to build long-term relationships with the communities we serve.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and your portfolio or 3 recent samples of your work to jobs[at]occrp.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates due to the high number of applications we receive.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr[at]occrp.org