Festival Coordinator, Volunteer Projects & Logistics
The Festival Coordinator, Volunteer Projects and Logistics is charged with providing support for the operations of the Volunteer Resources department, which works to recruit, place, and onboard 1,600+ volunteers for the Sundance Film Festival.
Working closely under the direction of the Senior Manager, Talent, and in collaboration with the Associate Manager, the Festival Coordinator, Volunteer Resources supports Sundance Institute’s commitment to recruiting and retaining outstanding talent to join our teams. This position will provide excellent support and communication for the team and to volunteers.
This temporary position works full time from Wednesday, November 15, 2023 through Friday, February 16, 2024 and will be required to work extended hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines and respond to on-call needs as assigned. This position is based out of our Park City, Utah office and will be expected to perform onsite work duties as early as Tuesday, January 2, 2024. Employees may start in a commutable distance to Park City, UT or remotely from a state we currently operate in until the required onsite work date.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
- Collaborating closely with the Senior Manager, Talent to support Volunteer Resources team projects and logistics.
- Supporting the full cycle recruitment process, including sourcing, assessing volunteer applications, interviewing, and placing volunteers to best meet the needs of the Festival.
- Conducting internal and external communications and tracking volunteer reimbursement eligibility while collaborating closely with the Finance Department.
- Preparing volunteer reimbursement request packages for the Finance Department by reviewing submissions, reconciling receipts, requesting forms, and calculating meal allowances.
- Entering information in the volunteer database daily to maintain accurate information in order to process reimbursements.
- Coordinating the pre-Festival volunteer program by communicating the volunteer request process to internal departments and working to recruit and place local volunteers leading up to the Festival.
- Assisting with general department communications and management of volunteer inbox, including drafting and sending content and responding to inquiries and phone calls.
- Communicating expectations and accountability on a regular basis with volunteers to support an effective and positive volunteer experience.
- Planning and coordinating logistics for shipments of items to employees and volunteers participating remotely.
- Sourcing and communicating with vendors to support the Volunteer Hub and Grub Stub Meal Program.
- Planning meal drop-offs and item deliveries to support employees and volunteers onsite during the Festival.
- Planning logistics of and supporting with Volunteer Check-In and the Volunteer Hub.
- Supporting the Flex volunteer process during the Festival by assessing last-minute venue needs and assigning daily placements to on-call volunteers.
- Tracking and distributing volunteer benefits and lodging based on volunteer commitment levels.
- Conducting venue visits throughout the Festival to check-in with volunteers and provide timely resolution to challenges as they arise.
- Providing in office support at the Volunteer Hub during the Festival, including checking-in volunteers and answering questions.
- Providing on-call after-hours coverage during the Festival to answer volunteer-related questions, concerns, or emergencies as necessary.
- Writing a comprehensive wrap report, as directed.
You have the following direct or transferable skill-sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal and communications skills to effectively influence individuals of varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize.
- Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to take initiative and strong analytical skills.
- Experience with databases and FileMaker Pro a plus.
- Prior experience working with volunteers a plus.
You will be successful in this role if you...
- Prioritize effectively to support the needs of the Festival and individual volunteers.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to set expectations, follow through, and provide accountability.
- Manage multiple projects and timelines at once and execute projects with a high level of detail.
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere, provide support to the team when needed and communicate when help is needed.
In addition to an hourly pay of $20.32, this position is eligible for benefits & perks, highlights include:
- Paid sick leave and Institute holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Employee Wellness Initiatives
- Sundance Film Festival passes and benefits (varies each year)