Senior Director, Federal Business Development (Department of Veterans Affairs)
About the Role:
The Senior Director, Federal Business Development will be responsible for developing, leading, and implementing the growth strategy for the Department of Veterans Affairs. You will lead agency strategy, business development, pre-proposal shaping activities, teaming identification and partnerships, related capture activities during proposal phases, and post-submittal activities. You will lead the full range of opportunities from pilot programs to multi-year, multi-million dollar initiatives toward high win probability.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity to play a key leadership role within our $1B/yr sector as we work together to transform social and community care coordination and population health utilizing our innovative SaaS technology solution and suite of services across the Federal Government. This position reports to our Vice President of Enterprise Sales.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the full lifecycle of business development activities to build and manage a qualified and robust pipeline. Shape and secure prime opportunities, contract vehicles, and sub-contracts.
- Build direct customer relationships within VA to support a customer-focused approach to opportunity development.
- Lead agency account planning, business development strategy and plans, pipeline origination/qualification/development, and cross functional pursuit team assembly.
- Partner with company leadership and sales teams, strategic partners, account teams, and extended channel partners to support strategic planning and drive new opportunities..
- Engage in conferences and industry events (including in-person).
- Personally engage in key account sales, business development, and ongoing customer success.
- Develop and actively maintain sales forecasts across assigned accounts and lines of business.
- Build and lead a team of dedicated business development staff and closely collaborate with shared resources such as capture and proposal management.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- Minimum 8 years of successful federal business development and/or account management experience, with 5 years focused on the Department of Veterans Affairs, preferably within healthcare or social services, or IT health technology products and services with a track record of exceeding expectations.
- Working knowledge of programs and priorities within VA and experience with active programs associated with Veterans and military health care.
- Strong industry knowledge and relationships.
- Exceptional consultative and interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships built on trust, confidence, and results. Demonstrated ability to develop and lead relationship building activities with Federal senior executives, Agency leadership.
- Ability to understand complex content and relate content around industry issues, client needs, and company service offerings.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems, and lead cross-functional teams through collaboration for the success of the organization with a service before self mindset
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn software tools such as Google Suite, Zoom, Salesforce, GovWin, Asana, etc.
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based; preferably Washington DC area based or in close proximity.
- The target pay range for this role is: $160,000 - $185,000 + variable compensation. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- This position requires travel (estimated 10%)
- This role requires VA Suitability/Public Trust clearance
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.