Job Title: Data Engineer
About the Role:
Join our dynamic team of talented engineers with a proven track record in constructing data warehouses, lakes, and pipelines. We are on a mission to fuel Unite Us' ongoing expansion and enhance its positive influence on both the healthcare industry and individuals nationwide. As part of our team, your role will be instrumental in collecting, processing, and delivering data to both internal and external stakeholders. This pivotal work empowers us to intelligently invest in emerging opportunities, quantifying the value and ROI that Unite Us networks bring to our customers. By leveraging your expertise, you will help establish Unite Us as a thought leader in the dynamic social care landscape. Become an integral part of our team and help us in shaping the future of healthcare and making a meaningful impact on the lives of people across the country.
What You'll Do:
- Implement a data architecture and infrastructure that aligns with business objectives. Collaborate closely with Application Engineers and Product Managers to ensure that the technical infrastructure robustly supports client requirements
- Create ETL and data pipeline solutions for efficient loading of data into the warehouse along with their testing to ensure reliability and optimal performance
- Collect, validate, and provide high-quality data, ensuring data integrity
- Champion data democratization efforts, facilitating accessibility to data for relevant stakeholders
- Supporting operational work like onboarding new customers to our data products and participating in on-call for the team
- Engage with cross-functional teams, including Solutions Delivery, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, and Enterprise Services, to address and support any data-related technical issues or requirements
You’re a great fit for this role if:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Data Engineer, demonstrating expertise in setting up data pipelines
- Proven expertise in working with data warehouses, data lakes, and ETL pipelines
- Exposure to AWS and proficiency in cloud services such as ECS, S3, RDS, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Spark, utilizing both Scala and Python
- Familiarity with tools like Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Kafka, and DBT
- Proficient in orchestrating data pipelines using Apache Airflow, including authoring, scheduling, and monitoring workflows
- Advanced SQL knowledge, with experience in pulling complex queries, query authoring, and strong familiarity with Snowflake and various relational databases like Redshift, Postgres, etc.
- Experience in developing applications for large enterprise clients
- Previous engagement with healthcare and/or social determinants of health data products
- A dedicated focus on building high-performance systems
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to identify and resolve data engineering issues and system failures
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- The ability to envision and construct scalable solutions that meet diverse needs for enterprise clients with dedicated data teams
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- The target pay range for this role is: $100,000-$125,000. This salary range represents our target hiring range for this role. The proposed salary will be dependent on the candidate's skills, experience, and competencies, as well as location
- All team members will be required to pass a background check which includes criminal, employment, and education verification
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.