Software Engineer, System Integration
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Zenysis is a global technology startup that builds an integration and advanced analytics software that empowers governments and international organizations to deliver lifesaving health programs in a truly-data driven way.
We are a diverse team of software engineers, diplomats and public health and development experts, and we are on a mission to transform the capacity of governments and international organizations to respond to the biggest global health challenges of our time.
Governments in 12 countries across Africa, Asia, and South America currently use our software to deliver lifesaving healthcare to millions of people in need, track pandemic threats, and coordinate responses to large-scale emergencies. We are currently funded by USAID, the Global Fund, Gavi, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and PAHO among others. We also have access to venture capital funding and recently landed a US$13.3M investment that we are using to build our team and accelerate our growth.
At Zenysis, we are proactive about ensuring a healthy work/life balance and invest heavily in learning and personal development. As a global company, diversity, equity, and inclusion are core parts of our values and how we conduct ourselves as a team.
Zenysis is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer, System Integration to join our team, with the primary responsibility of creating and maintaining highly reliable and efficient data integrations for our clients. As a Software Engineer, System Integration at Zenysis, you will focus on building 'productized' integrations for key systems, ensuring they are highly reliable, performant, and cost-effective. You will also work closely with our engineering and data teams to optimize and fine-tune our integration pipelines. This is a critical role in our organization, and we are looking for someone with strong technical skills, excellent communication abilities, and a passion for creating high-quality solutions.
We are on a mission to build software that will positively impact the development trajectory of low and middle-income countries for the next century and beyond. Join us!
- Technical Expertise:
- Develop and maintain 'productized' data integrations for key systems with high reliability, performance, and cost-efficiency.
- Optimize and fine-tune integration pipelines, including databases, ETL processes, and API connections.
- Design, implement, and monitor data pipelines to ensure data quality and integrity
- Continuously refine the technology stack and tools for optimal performance, security, and scalability, focusing on technologies such as PostgreSQL, Druid, Pandas, Python, and SQL.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in data integration, database administration, and systems engineering.
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and clients as a subject matter expert in data integration and systems engineering.
- Communicate complex technical concepts related to databases and integrations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings with cross-functional teams to review progress, discuss challenges, and plan future initiatives.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, and innovation within the team.
- Collaborate with clients to gather requirements, provide updates, and ensure their needs are met, including managing and developing new data integrations
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong experience in systems engineering, data integration, and data pipeline optimization.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Familiarity with cloud hosting platforms such as AWS, and technologies like Docker and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with data pipeline and integration tools (e.g., Airflow, Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka).
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing why you are the best fit for this position. Candidates must have legal authorization to work and currently live in South Africa or Uganda..
Zenysis is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.